Marvel has announced a new X-Men series coming in August based on the aftermath of June’s Hellfire Gala — The Trial of Magneto.
- Marvel announced a new series, The Trial of Magneto, where the Reign of X will be threatened and the island of Krakoa hangs in the balance.
- The new series will take place after the Hellfire Gala as the mutants from X-Factor play a role in solving a mystery.
- The classified cover has been released above by Valerio Schiti, with the final cover reveal coming soon featuring the character who meets their end at the Hellfire Gala.
About the Series:
- “This thrilling saga will threaten the Reign of X and upend the world of mutants. And with the very future of Krakoa hanging in the balance, mutantkind’s relationship with the rest of the Marvel Universe may never be the same. The current team of mutant investigators from Leah Williams’ acclaimed run on X-Factor will play a vital role in solving this complex mystery, and fans should pick up X-Factor #10, a Hellfire Gala tie-in and the final issue of the series, on June 30th to discover whose tragic fall leads into this new X-Men epic.”
What They’re Saying:
- Leah Williams, Writer: “When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants–Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies…the Trial of Magneto will begin.”
- Lucas Werneck, Artist: "I am so looking forward to working with Leah, especially with this project. Leah has incredible sensitivity in her writing and is able to craft stories that are layered and mysterious and fun for readers so I think she is perfect to write this story. Participating in the Hellfire Gala and now being invited to be part of this project is really a dream."
You can pick up The Trial of Magneto #1 when it comes out on August 18.