Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has announced a collaboration with True Colors Symphony (TCS), the largest inclusive orchestra in Hong Kong, creating a special reinterpretation of the song “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has collaborated with the True Colors Symphony to film a special reinterpretation of “A Whole New World” in front of the Castle of Magical Dreams at Hong Kong Disneyland, showcasing how diversity can lead to endless possibilities.
- Musicians from various backgrounds, ages, and abilities were invited. You can listen to the full performance below.
Community’s Got Talent Returning in May:
- In addition to the performance release, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort announced the return of “Community’s Got Talent” this May.
- Since 2017, the resort has invited more than 10 schools and NGOs to perform in the park during Christmas and 45 “Community Choir Sing-Along” performances.
- Starting in May, community groups will be invited back to perform in the park from choirs to orchestras to showcase their talents.
What They’re Saying:
- Michael Moriarty, managing director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: “Hong Kong Disneyland Resort started inviting community choirs to perform in the park five years ago, hoping to spread happiness and Disney magic to local talent by sharing our stage. This time round, we are excited to collaborate with the largest all-inclusive orchestra in Hong Kong to produce a music video with a gorgeous backdrop – the newly reimagined Castle of Magical Dreams, which symbolizes a shining beacon of possibility and hope for all,” he said. “The orchestra will revisit the park later this month for a live performance to share the importance of inclusion to our guests, cast members and the community.”