Ambassadors from Disney Parks around the globe have gathered together as a “magical surprise” in a new video celebrating the upcoming 5th anniversary of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Disney Ambassadors from around the world are dancing in style to the Shanghai Disneyland Resort’s 5th birthday theme song, “Magical Surprise.”
- And to make sure no Disney Parks fan is left out of the fun, Disney Parks Blog has also posted a video showcasing the steps and choreography for the new tune, featuring Chinese Pop singer and vocal artist Liu Yuning, who performs the song and dance steps.
- The anthem was specially created for this magical milestone, a collaborative effort joining the talents of Yaron Spiwak, Senior Music Producer & Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering; Grammy-nominated producer Chris Sernel; songwriter and “The Voice” contestant Jeff Lewis; and pop singer Liu Yuning.
- From pre-parades to the new Disney “Surprise!” Show at the Pepsi E-Stage, guests can celebrate to the tune of “Magical Surprise” during Shanghai Disney Resort’s 5th Birthday festivities.
- Started on April 8th, the Year of Magical Surprises celebrates Shanghai Disney Resort’s 5th anniversary. The celebration includes new merchandise, food, and beverage offerings, as well as a new contest on the Shanghai Disney App, “Tap For a Magical Surprise,” and the debut of the all new Illuminate! A Nighttime Celebration.
What They’re Saying:
- Yaron Spiwak, Senior Music Producer & Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering: “We loved the idea of a song with a Pop sound. The team wanted to capture the park’s identity and incorporate some classic Disney magic, which I think we ultimately achieved! This year’s campaign is the Year of Magical Surprises, which features many surprise activities and offerings throughout the park. The song references the magical surprises that guests and families can experience together only in our parks. We wanted a song that is contemporary but could be easily adapted to parades, stage shows and as a single on the radio. We also knew that we wanted a solo singer for it with a lot of group vocals throughout. One of the reasons we picked this song was because of the clever way the crowd answers to the singer “Surprise!” (almost like in a surprise birthday party) on the choruses. In meetings, sometimes that’s how we referred to the song – by shouting “Surprise!” to one another. I really hope this will become a Disney park favorite! It can be a challenge to keep the classic Disney magic while adding some contemporary spices and flavors to it! I feel very lucky to have helped create music for such a special occasion!”