Mickey and Friends are set to take over the upper decks of the Disney Wish, complete with more pools, new casual dining, and Disney’s first-ever attraction at sea, AquaMouse, which we learned more details about today.
- Recently, we learned about many of the new features that guests will be able to see when the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, The Disney Wish, makes its grand debut and maiden voyage in 2022.
- One of the more unique offerings to capture the attention of Cruisers everywhere was the announcement of Disney’s first-ever attraction at sea, the AquaMouse.
- Families will be immersed in The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse animated shorts, complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises. This first-of-its-kind water ride will send guests on a fun family adventure through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
- As the story goes, Mickey and Minnie are starting their very own seaside excursion company — aptly named “Port Misadventures” — on board the Disney Wish, and adventuresome cruisers will join them on an undersea excursion to Mermaid Lagoon that will inevitably (and hilariously) go awry.
- The journey will begin when guests board two-seater ride vehicles and ascend into a magical tunnel that will teleport them into the cartoon world of “Scuba Scramble,” a new animated short that plays out through oversized virtual portholes. Along the way, you’ll encounter curious sea creatures, familiar Disney friends and more than 60 water effects that bring the subaquatic hijinks to life – all perfectly synched to an original musical score by Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Willis (The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse).
- At the height of the show, you’ll blast out of the tunnel and embark on a wild water ride around the upper decks. First, you’ll zip into the forward funnel through an enclosed tube surrounded by dazzling lighting effects, followed by a quick dash through a dark tunnel that opens up to reveal breathtaking views of the ocean.
- You’ll then jet up and down a series of speed blasters as they are propelled toward the grand finale: a soaring loop over the edge of the ship, with clear views down to the deep blue sea. With that, you’ll splash down for a sendoff message from Mickey and Minnie – another successful tour in the books!
- Though the AquaMouse is being touted as the shining star of the upper decks of the ship, on the Disney Wish, families will have more pools, more deck space and more dining than ever before in an expansive district themed to Mickey and friends. Located on decks 11 and 12 midship, this area will include six pools of various sizes and depths, spaciously staggered among tiered decks and surrounded by lounge chairs — along with a fresh take on quick and casual fare with a festive character twist.
- Guests can book their journey aboard the Disney Wish beginning May 27th.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney Cruise travel planning