Kayi Ushe has been introduced as the new Simba when The Lion King returns to the London stage this summer.
- Disney on Broadway announced that Kayi Ushe will play the role of Simba when The Lion King comes to London’s West End starting July 29, 2021.
- Ushe has performed in The Book of Mormon, Motown The Musical, and A Little Night Music. He has also toured as “Lola” in Kinky Boots.
- Ushe will be joined by George Asprey as Scar, Phil Adèle as Ed, David Blake as Banzai, Janique Charles as Nala, Gugwana Dlamini as Rafiki, Shaun Escoffery as Mufasa, Gary Jordan as Zazu, Jamie McGregor as Timon, Melone M’Kenzy as Shenzi and Mark Roper as Pumbaa.
- You can find more information and get tickets on the official website — TheLionKing.co.uk.
Disney on Broadway Returns September 14:
- Disney on Broadway announced that performances will return starting September 14 with tickets on sale now for both shows.
- The Lion King will return on September 14 to the Minskoff Theatre and Aladdin will be coming back with shows starting on September 28 to the New Amsterdam Theatre.