Disney has announced that production has begun on Disenchanted, the sequel to the film Enchanted.
- Disney has announced that Disenchanted has begun production in Ireland. The film will exclusively debut on Disney+ in 2022.
- The film will see the return of Amy Adams as Giselle and Patrick Dempsey as Robert Philip. They will be joined by James Marsden, Idina Menzel, Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown, and more.
- Gabriella Baldacchino makes her feature film debut in Disenchanted. You can check out the video above as shared on Twitter announcing Baldacchino’s casting news. She will be playing Morgan, Robert Philip’s now grown daughter.
- The film is directed by Adam Shankman and produced by Barry Josephson, Amy Adams, and Barry Sonnefeld.
- Disenchanted will feature new songs from Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz.
- “Disenchanted features the much-anticipated return of Giselle, the princess from the fairy tale world of Andalasia banished to Manhattan who found her real Princess Charming in divorce lawyer Robert Philip. 15 years later, Giselle moves to the suburb of Monroeville with Robert and their teenage daughter Morgan, where she must juggle the challenges that come with a new home and discover what happily ever after truly means to her and her new family.”
Disenchanted Cast List:
- Disenchanted stars Amy Adams as the hopelessly romantic and eternally optimistic Giselle now married and living in Monroeville
- Patrick Dempsey (Grey’s Anatomy) as Giselle’s husband, the cynical pragmatist Robert Philip
- James Marsden (X-Men) as the dashing but daft Prince Edward from Andalasia
- Idina Menzel (Frozen) as Nancy Tremaine, the former dress maker now married to Prince Edward
- Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live) as Malvina, Giselle’s new adversary in Monroeville
- Kolton Stewart (Nickelodeon’s Some Assembly Required) as Malvina’s son
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Lady and the Tramp) as Rosalyn
- Jayma Mays (Glee) as Ruby
- Oscar Nunez (The Office) as Edgar
- Gabriella Baldacchino as Robert Philip’s now grown daughter, Morgan.
What They’re Saying:
- Adam Shankman, Director, Producer: “Working again with Disney has been like coming home. With Amy and this extraordinary cast, Alan and Stephen’s mind blowing new score, and Barry and Disney’s support, I just hope to bring magic and joy to audiences around the world.”
- Barry Josephson, Producer: “I guess dreams do come true…producing Enchanted was the most rewarding film experience I’ve ever had. I’m so excited for Adam Shankman to begin filming Disenchanted. I want to thank everyone at Disney for supporting us all the way. Very special thanks to Amy Adams for deciding to play ‘Giselle,’ the character she created again! And we are so fortunate to have this incredible cast!”