ABC News’ 20/20 is once again taking a look at the Paige Birgfeld case. Friday’s episode will feature exclusive interviews and new details with reporting coming from Ryan Smith and John Quiñones who’s been following the story for nearly 15 years.
- ABC’s 20/20 will take a deeper look at the case it’s been following for nearly 15 years – the disappearance and murder of Paige Birgfeld.
- When Birgfeld vanished her family immediately knew something was wrong, as the devoted mom of three would never desert her children. As authorities searched for Birgfeld they uncovered her secret life and the expensive escort business she ran with a variety of clients.
- Using that information, police soon zeroed in on Birgfeld’s client, Lester Jones, as the prime suspect and made a shocking discovery that linked him to the crime.
- 20/20 shares exclusive interviews with:
- Mike Singer, Jones’ former employer who stands by Jones who maintains his innocence
- Megan Lundstrom a sex trade survivor advocate for current survivors, who provides insight on the sex trade industry.
- Additionally, the program features reporting by Ryan Smith and John Quiñones, including Quiñones’ archival interviews with Birgfeld’s family and friends when the case first broke.
- The two-hour program also includes stunning security surveillance that cracked the case, interrogation tapes and images from inside the courtroom during Jones’ two trials.
- 20/20 airs on Friday, May 21st (9:00 – 11:00 pm ET) on ABC.
- ABC News’ 20/20 is an award-winning primetime program anchored by David Muir and Amy Robach.
- 20/20 features unforgettable, character-driven true crime mysteries, exclusive newsmaker interviews, hard-hitting investigative reports and in-depth coverage of high profile stories.
- 20/20 events air Fridays from 9:00 – 11:00 pm ET on ABC and are available to stream on ABC News digital platforms and Hulu.
- David Sloan is senior executive producer and Janice Johnston is executive producer.