The latest episode of Disney+ Deets goes over Disney’s classic animated film, Beauty and the Beast.
- Kenneth Brown and Marcellus Kidd, the biggest Disney+ fans out there (toot-toot!), have dropped some deets on the animated film Beauty and the Beast.
- Walt Disney considered adapting the tale in the 1940s but never got the chance to create it. The animation studio took on his dream when they started work on the film after the completion of The Little Mermaid.
- Beauty and the Beast was Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 30th film, starting as a serious take on the story, before transitioning to the musical we know today.
- Paige O'Hara auditioned for Belle five times, before finally being given the role.
- It took 600 artists three and a half years to animate over one million drawings for the film.
- Beauty and the Beast became the first animated film ever nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards.
- More deets are given in the video by Kenneth and Marcellus, which you can watch above.
Beauty and the Beast is now streaming on Disney+.