ESPN+ has announced the new series — Claressa Shields, following the boxing champion as she prepares to make her MMA debut. You can check out the trailer below.
- ESPN+ has announced a new series coming to the service following boxing champion Claressa Shields as she prepares to make her MMA debut.
- The series will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at Shields’ quest to becoming the greatest two-sport athlete of all time.
- The first episode of the four-part series will premiere exclusively on ESPN+ on Thursday, June 3, 2021.
- Shields’ will make her MMA debut with Professional Fighters League in a lightweight bout versus Brittney Elkin at PFL 4 on Thursday, June 10. PFL4 will be live on ESPN+ at 6:00 pm ET, and on ESPN2 at 10:00 pm ET.
About the Series:
- “From Shields’ humble beginnings as a young girl who discovered boxing in a tough Flint, Michigan neighborhood, to winning Olympic Gold in London and Rio, to establishing herself as the No. 1 pound-for-pound female boxing champion, Claressa Shields tells her unique and inspiring story as she continues to rise.”
What They’re Saying:
- Brian Lockhart, senior vice president, original content and ESPN Films: “Claressa has accomplished so much as an athlete already and her life story is both authentic and compelling. We know she’s just getting started, and this new series is a chance for all of us to join Claressa on her journey and to see up close what drives the ambition of a world champion who is reaching for all-time greatness.”