- Disney+ has released a new featurette on the Disney and Pixar film Luca in celebration of National Streaming Day.
- In the featurette, we get to hear stories from the film’s cast and director Enrico Casarosa on personal childhood friendships, while seeing a sneak peek of the upcoming film.
- “Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, the original animated feature is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, but all the fun is threatened by a deeply-held secret: he is a sea monster from another world just below the water’s surface.”
- Jacob Tremblay (Room, Wonder) lends his voice to Luca Paguro, a bright and inventive 13-year-old sea monster with endless curiosity—especially when it comes to the mysterious world above the sea.
- Jack Dylan Grazer (We Are Who We Are, Shazam) voices Alberto Scorfano, an independent, free-spirited teenage sea monster with unbridled enthusiasm for the human world.
- Emma Berman provides the voice of Giulia, an outgoing and charming adventurer who befriends Luca and Alberto.
- Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, Saturday Night Live, Big Mouth) voices Daniela, Luca’s mother.
- Marco Barricelli voices Massimo, Giulia’s father.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Pale Tourist, Troop Zero) voices Lorenzo, Luca’s father.
Luca will premiere on Disney+ for all subscribers at no extra cost on June 18, 2021.