Universal Orlando introduced fans to a new velociraptor that is now available for guests to meet in Jurassic Park’s Raptor Encounter at Islands of Adventure.
- Universal Orlando took to Instagram earlier today to show off the newest Velociraptor in their herd now available for guests to see at the Raptor Encounter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure’s Jurassic Park section, named Bravo.
- Jurassic World fans will immediately think of Blue, the velociraptor from the latest films who served as the Beta to Owen Grady’s alpha, with Charlie, Delta, and Echo making up the rest of the pack from the fourth film.
- Die-hard fans of the franchise would even scramble to find a velociraptor named Bravo, but all records indicate that Bravo is unique to a Jurassic World touring show that debuted early last year, and now, the Raptor Encounter at the park.
- Guests to the Raptor Encounter can still meet Blue and some younger raptors, and they can spot the rest of the pack (Charlie, Delta, and Echo) in the new VelociCoaster attraction, which is still in technical rehearsals and opens officially on June 10th.
- The new attraction takes guests into a velociraptor paddock to experience a high-speed roller coaster in the middle of a Velociraptor enclosure, despite that raptor expert Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) thinks it's a bad idea. From there, riders will scream through a series of unbelievable near-misses and maneuvers, including two high-speed launches – the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds – a total of 12 seconds of weightlessness, a barrel roll just inches above the Islands of Adventure lagoon and the signature “Top Hat,” which will send riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80-degree drop.
- Think meeting one of the smartest animals to ever grace the planet is a little intimidating? Check out our video below featuring Blue when she made her appearance at Jurassic World: The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.