ESPN will commemorate Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig tonight, June 2, on Wednesday Night Baseball on the inaugural Lou Gehrig Day.
- ESPN has announced that they will commemorate Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig on Wednesday Night Baseball during the Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros telecast at 8:00 pm ET.
- The telecast will feature vignettes around Gehrig’s career and the movement to end ALS.
- There will also be an outline of Kurkjian’s “need to know facts” about Gehrig and a look back at player Pete Frates’s activism and viral “Ice Bucket Challenge.”
- Special guests will join the telecast including ESPN commentator Jon “Boog” Sciambi, Oakland Athletics outfielder Stephen Piscotty, Calgary Flames Assistant GM Chris Snow, and Cal Ripken Jr.
- Gehrig’s New York Yankees will be in action hosting the Tampa Bay Rays at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN+.
- You can learn more and donate at MLB.com/4ALS.
More on ESPN.com:
- MLB Insider Jeff Passan shares the history of how today’s inaugural Lou Gehrig Day came to fruition.