After nearly two years of matches to determine the best Cricket team in the world, the ICC’s World Test Championship games will take place later this month. Matches will be livestreamed exclusively in the U.S. on ESPN+ and Hotstar.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- The first ever International Cricket Council (ICC) World Test Championship will stream live in the U.S. on ESPN+ and Hotstar on June 18th-22nd.
- Fans around the world will be able to watch as India and New Zealand vie for the World Test Champion title at the Hampshire Bowl in Southampton, England.
- After nearly two years of competitions featuring the top nine teams in the world, this final match will determine the ICC World Test Champion.
- The ICC series started in August 2019 with Cricket Council teams from Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and West Indies.
- The second ICC World Test Championship is scheduled to start in July 2021, with the championship set for June 2023.
- ESPN’s coverage of the championship will also include in-progress and post-game highlights on ESPNCricinfo.com.
- In addition to the ICC World Test Championship, ESPN+ has multi-year agreements for exclusive U.S. rights to stream New Zealand Cricket and Cricket West Indies matches.
What They’re Saying:
- Sunil Manoharan, Vice President Media Rights, International Cricket Council: “With an ever-growing fan base, the U.S. is a significant platform for the growth of cricket, and the ICC is pleased to partner with ESPN and Hotstar, allowing for extended coverage of the ICC World Test Championship. We are delighted that this collaboration will see the debut of an ICC event on ESPN+, in addition to Hotstar and ESPNCricinfo.com.”
- Burke Magnus, President, Programming and Original Content, ESPN: “The ICC World Test Championship is a fantastic, premier event and we can’t wait to present it to all of our cricket fans in the U.S. on ESPN+, Hotstar and ESPNCricinfo. We are fully committed to delivering the most comprehensive coverage of top international cricket, and this first World Test Championship adds to a broad slate that we continue to build.”
Subscribe to ESPN+:
- Stream live sports matches, exclusive shows, ESPN’s 30 for 30 library and more with an ESPN+ subscription. Sign up for just $5.99 a month (or $59.99 per year).
- The platform is also available as part of The Disney Bundle that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $13.99/month (Hulu w/ads) or $19.99/month (Hulu w/o ads).