Jurassic World VelociCoaster is now officially open at Universal Orlando Resort’s Islands of Adventure!
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster has officially opened at Universal Orlando Resort’s Islands of Adventure.
- The ride launches Guests 155 feet into the air at speeds up to 70 mph while racing alongside a Velociraptor pack, inspired by the Jurassic World films.
- Guests can also check out the Raptor Encounter, where they can get up-close to Velociraptor Blue, Velociraptor Bravo, and baby raptors Sierra and Tango.
- Check out Mack’s VelociCoaster review here.
- VelociCoaster is not the only way Guests can experience Jurassic World. Over at Universal Studios Hollywood, Jurassic World – The Ride has also opened, where Guests can see the all-new Indominus rex at the ride’s finale in a battle with the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
About the Attraction:
- Featuring an original story starring the Velociraptor pack – Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo, VelociCoaster will immerse guests within a genuine Jurassic World environment surrounded by 36,000 square feet of elaborate rockwork, a giant waterfall and lush jungle vegetation and catapulting them along 4,700 feet of pulse-pounding track, 155 feet in the air at 70 mph. The coaster dashes through the raptor paddock and hurtles at breakneck speeds, there is no turning back as guests are swept along a series of extreme maneuvers and high-speed launches that culminates in a spiraling 360-degree inversion, inches above the lagoon. Securely strapped into revolutionary-designed ride vehicles, VelociCoaster’s intensity will amplify a sense of weightlessness from start to finish.
- The film’s original cast – Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and BD Wong – reprise their roles as Owen Grady, Claire Dearing and Dr. Henry Wu. True to their characters in the blockbuster films, Claire and Dr. Wu convey their enthusiasm in bringing guests within close proximity of Velociraptors as part of the coaster, while Owen believes otherwise.