The Walt Disney World Resort has announced a face covering update making it optional for Guests that are fully vaccinated starting on June 15. Face coverings will still be required on Disney Transportation (buses, monorails, the Skyliner). Physical distancing will also be relaxed, as has been seen recently at the resort.
- Face covering requirements have gone through many changes during the pandemic at the Walt Disney World Resort. As people continue to get vaccinated, the latest update will make them optional to be worn by fully vaccinated Guests in most areas starting June 15.
- Face coverings will still be required by all Guests on Disney Transportation including Disney Buses, Monorails, and the Skyliner.
- Disney has stated that vaccination proof will not be required, but they expect those who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing face coverings while indoors, at attractions, and on transportation.
- Disney has also stated that physical distancing will be relaxed in queues, theaters, shops, restaurants, and attractions, as has been seen recently on trips to the resort.
- There was no mention if fully vaccinated Cast Members would be allowed to remove face coverings in similar situations.