Marvel fans have been delighted by the premiere of Loki on Disney+. In fact, Disney CEO Bob Chapek said today during a Q&A session at the Credit Suisse 23rd Annual Communications Conference, that the premiere was the most-watched Disney+ series premiere in its first week.
- According to Deadline, Loki was watched in 890k households in its first day, which was Wednesday, June 9.
- The number surpasses that of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which previously held the record for Disney+ with 759k households.
- WandaVision, the first MCU-based Disney+ original series was watched in 655k households in its opening day.
- Deadline also points out that Loki beat out the four-day opening weekend of Disney’s Cruella, but that was only available on Disney+ with Premier Access which comes with a $29.99 pricetag.
More Loki News:
- New Loki and Black Panther photo ops are set to debut at Disney California Adventure in Hollywoodland, which would technically be “Off-Campus” now that the highly anticipated Avengers Campus is officially open.
- Even more behind-the-scenes stories and fun were recently shared in the latest episode of What’s Up Disney+.
- In Marvel Studios’ Loki, the mercurial villain resumes his role as the God of Mischief in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame.
- Tom Hiddleston returns, reprising his role as the title character.
- Kate Herron will be directing the series and Michael Waldron is the head writer.
- Tom Hiddleston
- Owen Wilson
- Sophia Di Martino
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw
- Richard E. Grant
- Wunmi Mosaku