Jambo! Guests who want to make their cup of coffee and sit out watching the wildlife roam the savannah will once again get that chance when Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge reopens on August 26th, with bookings being accepted once again starting tomorrow!
- Tomorrow, June 16th, Walt Disney World will once again accept bookings for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, with arrivals beginning on August 26th.
- While the Disney Vacation Club location, The Villas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, has been open for some time, this news means the rest of the rooms, mainly occupying the original Jambo House section will once again be available for booking.
- Originally opened in 2001, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge became an instant hit with Walt Disney World guests thanks to the unique savannah views offered by many rooms at the resort, allowing visitors to wake up and gaze at animals like Giraffe and Zebra mere feet away from their balconies.
- Later, in 2009, the Disney Vacation Club expansion of the resort, Kidani Village, was completed, allowing DVC Members to book the accommodations they had been accustomed to at the unique property.
- As a reminder, bookings are now being accepted for Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, which reopens to guests on July 2nd, and for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for arrivals starting in late July.
- Guests booking at any of these hotels will be able to enjoy the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT if they so choose, as the signature nightcap entertainment offerings Happily Ever After and EPCOT Forever return to the parks on July 1st.