Happy World Giraffe Day! Disney has announced that Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park had a recent birth of a Masai male giraffe.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom has announced the birth of a Masai male giraffe, the third giraffe born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in the past year.
- Disney’s animal care team, who were on site for the birth, said that the calf weighed in at 183 pounds and stands at six feet tall.
- He doesn’t have a name just yet, but it said to be calm and relaxed, enjoying cuddles with his mom, Lily.
- The newborn has a marking looking like a butterfly on his right shoulder, heart-shaped spots on his coat, and a white-tipped speckled mane.
- Guests can look forward to seeing Lily and the calf when they join the herd on the savanna in the coming weeks. Before that day comes, Lily and her baby will spend time backstage bonding.
- Walt Disney World Resort homes two subspecies of giraffes, Masai giraffe live on the Kilimanjaro Safaris savanna while Reticulated giraffe, Hybrid giraffe, and Masai giraffe roam the savanna at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning