Activist Raquel Willis and KGO-TV reporter Reggie Aqui will host a special post-show conversation this afternoon as part of the ABC’s Our America: Who I’m Meant to Be Pride Month programming.
- Earlier this week, ABC Owned Television Stations released full episodes of the previously announced Our America: Who I’m Meant to Be.
- In celebration of Pride Month and the special lineup of programming, ABC owned stations will present a post-show streaming this afternoon (June 23rd).
- Our America: Who I’m Meant to Be, Extending The Conversation premieres at 1:00 pm EDT | Noon CDT | 10:00 am PDT.
- The event is hosted by KGO-TV reporter Reggie Aqui and transgender activist and award-winning writer Raquel Willis.
- Who I’m Meant to Be is executive produced by ABC Owned Television Stations’ race and culture executive producers Nzinga Blake, Porsha Grant and Mariel Myers.
How To Watch:
- Viewers can stream the After-show event on ABC Owned Television Stations' free news apps:
- Connected TV Apps on streaming platforms Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku.
Our America: Who I'm Meant to Be – Pride Special:
- The Pride special is an eight-episode short documentary series dedicated to amplifying the voices of transgender communities across America through first-person narratives.
- The powerful first-person storytelling featured in Our America: Who I'm Meant to Be includes the following:
- Filmmaker Lex Kennedy on the invisibility of Black transgender men
- Becoming his true self: Karson Coomes shares his transition journey
- 'I am who I want to be': North Carolina transgender teen finds herself during COVID-19 pandemic
- Becoming Zayn: Trans man's journey from coming out to fatherhood
- 'Possibilities are limitless': Trans activist Cecilia Chung shares journey from homelessness to policy advocacy
- Logan Pierce helps trans youth find support, joy with mentorship program
- Honey Mahogany: From competing in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' to making history in politics
- How pandemic restrictions gave Kaylee Harris the chance to explore her gender identity
- All episodes are available on the station groups' connected TV apps across streaming platforms.