Disney+ is getting ready to unveil its next UK scripted series, Wedding Season, according to Deadline.
- Disney+ unveiled their first slate of UK scripted series back in April, The Ballad of Renegade Nell, Culprits, and Extraordinary.
- The next in that list is reportedly set to be a scripted series, titled Wedding Season, from Dancing Ledge Productions and Jax Media.
- Reportedly, the series is set to get into production even though the project hasn’t been fully greenlit.
- Penned by Oliver Lyttleton, who wrote the short-form series Cheaters, Wedding Season is said to be a rom-com action adventure story, though further details are still unavailable at this time.
- It has also been reported that George Kane has been attached to the project to direct. Kane previously worked on two seasons of the comedy, Timewasters, as well as the comedy Crashing, which stars Fleabag star Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
- Coincidentally, Jax Media, who brought us Netflix’s Emily in Paris, is also working on a feature for Netflix also titled Wedding Season, but that feature follows two Indian-Americans who pretend to date in order to survive a summer of weddings, but find themselves falling for each other.
- Disney+ will reportedly greenlight 50 international projects by 2024 in an effort run by Diego Londono, EVP of Media Networks and Content in EMEA, as well as Liam Keelan, VP of Original Content for the region.