In celebration of the Tokyo Olympic Games, NBC is launching their “Rings Across America” tour that brings a life-set of the Olympic Rings to select locations around the country. The limited time installation will kick off at Universal Studios Hollywood on Saturday, July 3rd.
- NBC Olympics will launch its “Rings Across America” national tour this week starting at Universal Studios Hollywood followed by an installation at Universal Orlando Resort.
- Here guests will have the incredible opportunity to get up close and be dazzled by a life-size set of iconic Olympic rings.
- The “Rings Across America” tour promotes more than 7,000 hours of coverage of the Tokyo Olympic Games that Team USA fans can watch across the networks of NBCUniversal.
- With less than a month to go to the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics, the interactive “Rings Across America” exhibit will make its inaugural debut at and later be on display in front of the.
- “Rings Across America” will tour the country leading up to the Opening Ceremony, making stops at:
- Universal CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood from July 3-4
- Pioneer Court in Chicago on July 9
- NBC Summer Games in Miami on July 13
- Universal Studios Florida entrance arches from July 16-17
- National Mall in Washington, D.C. from July 19-20
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza Channel Gardens in New York City from July 23-25
- The Games of the XXXII Olympiad will take place July 23-August 8, 2021.
“Rings Across America” By The Numbers:
- “Rings Across America” will drive approximately 8,000 miles across the country in the weeks leading up to the Opening Ceremony.
- The Rings will visit 25 states along the way, totaling over 125 hours of drive time.
- Standing 13 feet off the ground, the Rings and mobile platform weigh more than 12,000 gold medals.
What They’re Saying:
- Lyndsay Signor, Senior Vice President, Consumer Engagement, NBC Sports: “We’re very excited to launch Rings Across America ahead of the Tokyo Olympics, including stops at our incredibly popular theme parks in Los Angeles and Orlando. Displaying the Rings, one of the most recognizable symbols of the Olympic movement, across the country in addition to making stops in six major markets, will raise awareness and excitement leading to the Opening Ceremony.”