Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island have made the decision to close early today due to Tropical Storm Elsa.
- With Tropical Storm Elsa about to touch Florida, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and the water park Adventure Island have made the decision to close early.
- Both parks will be ending their operating day by 4:00 pm today, Tuesday, July 6th, in order for Guests and Team Members to get home safely before the storm arrives.
- Meteorologists expect the edge of the storm to touch Tampa around 7:00 pm.
- The current path of the storm is unlikely to affect theme park operations in Orlando.
- In addition, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island will have a delayed opening tomorrow, starting their day at 12:00 noon.
Full Statement from Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island:
Due to the anticipated impact of Tropical Storm Elsa, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island will close at 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday, July 6 to ensure the safety of our ambassadors, guests and animals. At this time, the parks are expected to open at noon on Wednesday, July 7. Updates to the operating schedule will be communicated as needed.