Comic-Con at Home will be taking place July 23 – 25 and fans of The Walt Disney Company will have plenty to check out with panels looking at Marvel, Star Wars, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, The Simpsons, and more.
- Comic-Con at Home is taking place virtually this year from July 23 – 25 and fans will be able to check out a variety of panels, including some featuring Marvel, Star Wars, and more.
- You can check the full list below with links to each panel via the Comic-Con website. If you don’t have time to catch them, check back to Laughing Place as we’ll have recaps of the events.
The Walt Disney Company Comic-Con Panels:
- “Welcome to life under the Reign of X! From the start of the Hellfire Gala right through its show-stopping conclusion, Marvel’s magnificent mutant mavens have led the new nation of Krakoa through some of the biggest changes the X-Men have ever seen. Ryan Penagos, aka Agent M, leads a panel including Vita Ayala (Children of the Atom, New Mutants), Gerry Duggan (Marauders, X-Men), Benjamin Percy (Wolverine, X-Force), Leah Williams (X-Men: The Trial of Magneto), and senior editor Jordan D. White. Join these X-traordinary X-perts for a sneak peek at what’s coming next! With Inferno heating up, the Master of Magnetism under investigation for the shocking death of Scarlet Witch, and an all-new team of X-Men out in the world, there’s never been a more X-citing time to start reading!”
- “Fifty years ago, a Herb Trimpe-drawn Hulk graced the coveted cover of the hip Rolling Stone magazine’s September 16, 1971 issue. The issue featured an insider’s POV article about Stan Lee and Marvel by Lee’s former assistant, Robin Green (successor to Fabulous Flo Steinberg), who went on to great success as writer/producer for The Sopranos and other landmark TV series. Looking back at the article’s creation and historical significance are Robin Green (The Sopranos), Roy Thomas (first Marvel EIC after Stan Lee), and former Marvel bullpenners Linda Fite (Claws of the Cat), Jean Thomas (Night Nurse), and Mimi Gold (Black Widow). Danny Fingeroth (A Marvelous Life: The Amazing Story of Stan Lee) moderates.”
- “Creator Eliot Laurence and the cast of Motherland: Fort Salem gather to discuss Freeform's addictive series set in an alternate America where witches ended their persecution by cutting a deal with the government to fight for their country. The cast and creator discuss the empowering series and what's to come in season 2. Panelists from the fan-favorite series include Eliot Laurence, Taylor Hickson, Ashley Nicole Williams, Jessica Sutton, Demetria McKinney, Amalia Holm, and Lyne Renee.TV Guide Magazine's Damian Holbrook will moderate the conversation.”
- “Star Wars: The High Republic authors Claudia Gray, Charles Soule, Cavan Scott, Justina Ireland, and Daniel José Older discuss the latest books and comics in this exciting new era, including The Rising Storm, Race to Crashpoint Tower, and Out of the Shadows. Plus, get a sneak peek at new reveals and upcoming titles. Moderated by Star Wars: The High Republic Show host Krystina Arielle.”
- “The Harris family and friends come together for a hilarious conversation about the spectacularly average life of 15-year-old Duncan Harris on FOX’s hit animated series Duncanville. Executive producers Mike Scully & Julie Thacker-Scully, executive producer and star, Amy Poehler, and stars Ty Burrell, Riki Lindhome, Joy Osmanski, Yassir Lester, and Betsy Sodaro tease the rest of this season and next and give fans a special look at an upcoming episode featuring a musical number with everyone’s favorite teacher, Mr. Mitch (voiced by Wiz Khalifa).”
- “Matt Selman, Al Jean, David Silverman, Carolyn Omine, Mike B. Anderson, Debbie Mahan, and moderator Yeardley Smith give you an exclusive sneak preview of Season 33! A panel of animators, writers, and special surprise guests will answer your questions, tell behind-the-scenes stories, and reveal the secrets of the Springfield Cinematic Universe!”
- “The creative teams of Disney Channel's Amphibia and The Owl House share what's coming up and present an exclusive crossover with a table read from stars of each series. Creators/executive producers Matt Braly (Amphibia) and Dana Terrace (The Owl House) and art director Ricky Cometa (The Owl House) will be joined on the panel by Amphibia stars Brenda Song (Anne Boonchuy), Justin Felbinger (Sprig Plantar), Bill Farmer (Hopadiah Plantar–HP), Amanda Leighton (Polly Plantar) and The Owl House stars Wendie Malick (Eda), Sarah-Nicole Robles (Luz), and Mae Whitman (Amity). Moderated by Doug Bensimon, executive director, current series, Disney Television Animation (TVA), TVA will also offer fans a sneak peek of upcoming new series at the top of the panel, so be sure to tune in early!”
- “Co-creator and executive producer Loren Bouchard; co-creator, executive producer, and voice of Birdie, Josh Gad; the voice of Owen Tillerman, Leslie Odom Jr.; the voice of Cole Tillerman, Tituss Burgess; and producers Kelvin Yu and Steven Davis, from the musical animated AppleTV+ series Central Park, come together the show’s ‘Con debut discuss bringing this harmonious series to life by merging comedy with the very brightest talent of Broadway and some of the best songwriters in the world.”
- “Cast Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mila Kunis, Seth Green, Arif Zahir, and executive producers Rich Appel and Alec Sulkin from FOX’s hit animated comedy Family Guy celebrate 20 seasons of the series with a virtual trivia night! Watch our cast and producers compete against each other and see who knows the most about this iconic series! After, you’ll see a special sneak peek at the hilarity and hi-jinx coming up in our 20th season premiering this fall on FOX!”
- “Ever wondered how your favorite American Dad! episodes get made? Join Matt Weitzman as he walks you through the creation of an upcoming episode of the current season airing on TBS! You’ll see a table read, featuring stars Rachael MacFarlane, Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, and Dee Bradley Baker, followed by parts of the episode in the animatic and early stages of color!”
- “Editor Jesse J. Holland (C-SPAN host) and some of the all-star authors of Titan Books' groundbreaking fiction anthology Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda, a spectacular study of one of Marvel’s most-beloved characters seen through the eyes of Jesse's hand-picked line-up of writers, all of whom share African heritage. Tune in as Jesse talks to authors Tananarive Due, Sheree Renee Thomas, and Cadwell Turnbull about their contributions to this fantastic anthology.”
- “Professor Benjamin Saunders (chief curator, Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes) gives a behind-the-scenes look at this blockbuster exhibition bringing together special guests to celebrate this summer’s 60th anniversary of Fantastic Four #1, and to discuss how that one comic helped lead to the Marvel Universe we know today.”
- “Renowned comics artist Alex Ross discusses the creation of the epic mural that was commissioned for the New York City offices of Marvel Comics. These now-iconic images are now the subject of Ross’s newest book, The Alex Ross Marvel Comics Poster Book, which features all 35 full-figure portraits, commentary by Ross, and a four-page pull-out poster of the complete Marvel mural. Ross will discuss the creation of these portraits, the stories behind each Marvel character, and his approach to creating these singular images in a conversation that will look back on his award-winning career in comics, and look ahead at what else is on his drawing table. Moderated by Sal Abbinanti.”
- “Ever wonder what it takes to turn a classic cartoon into an immersive experience at Walt Disney World Resort? Join Disney as we bring together Disney Television Animation and Walt Disney Imagineering to discuss the process of creating Mickey and friends’ first-ever ride-through attraction in Disney history, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This history-making attraction features an original story based on the award-winning Mickey Mouse shorts and features favorite Disney cartoon characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and Pluto. This panel includes Charita Carter (senior producer, Walt Disney Imagineering); Kevin Rafferty (retired Imagineer and executive creative director for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway); Paul Rudish (executive producer and supervising director, The Wonderful World of Disney); Christopher Willis (composer, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Parks attraction); and Elsa Chang (character designer, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway Parks attraction). Tune in as they discuss how they were able to combine the two worlds of animation and Imagineering and turn them into the ‘Perfect Picnic.’”
- “Based on The New York Times bestseller which Time Magazine called “one of the best young adult books of all time,” The Mysterious Benedict Society has finally come to life on screens across the world this summer on Disney+! Placed undercover at a boarding school known as The Institute, a group of orphans must foil a nefarious plot with global ramifications while creating a new sort of family along the way. Join our series stars, Tony Hale, Kristen Schaal, MaameYaa Baofo, Ryan Hurst, and Gia Sandhu along with executive producers & writers, Phil Hay (creator), Matt Manfredi (creator), Darren Swimmer (showrunner), and Todd Slavkin (showrunner), as talk about all the adventures from the first season, tease what’s to come in the final two episodes and the future of the series, moderated by TV Guide Magazine’s Damian Holbrook.”
- “Take a look at one of FOX’s newest animated series, already picked up for a third season, The Great North. Join creators and executive producers Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux, executive producer Loren Bouchard and the all-star cast including Nick Offerman, Jenny Slate, Dulcé Sloan, Will Forte, Paul Rust, and Alanis Morissette for a truly wild and hilarious Q&A including exclusive clips and breaking news on the outrageous Alaskan adventures in store for the Tobin family in the upcoming season.”
- “Real-life science is everywhere in the galaxy far, far away. Astronomer Lisa Will, Ph.D., astrobiologist Angela Zoumplis, and geologist and paleontologist Jim Lehane, Ph.D. answer questions like, What do tauntauns eat? How would Death Star debris affect the worlds below? Why does the surface of Crait taste salty? Concept designer Jake Lunt Davies (Star Wars episodes 7-9, Rogue One, and Solo) shares the directions the creative team was given when designing creatures, aliens, and droids as well as some of his amazing artwork. Hear how science influences Star Wars and how the fantasy epic continues to inspire scientists. The panel is produced by Andrea Decker of The Fleet Science Center in San Diego and moderated by the hosts of the podcast Star Warsologies, Melissa Miller and James Floyd, both freelance writers for Star Wars Insider magazine.”
- “The cast and producers of the Emmy Award-winning animated FOX series Bob’s Burgers are back for another virtual ‘Con breaking news about the upcoming season, showing never-before-seen footage and answering questions from a few lucky fans who get to join the zoom to ask their burning questions directly to the panelists. Join creator and executive producer Loren Bouchard, executive producer Nora Smith, and the hilarious cast including H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal, Eugene Mirman, Dan Mintz, and Larry Murphy for a panel you won’t want to miss!”