The Disneyland Resort has announced that Halloween Time is returning from September 3 through October 31 with Oogie Boogie Bash, Plaza de la Familia, attraction overlays, and more coming to both parks and the Downtown Disney District.
- Disneyland Resort is celebrating Halloween this year with multiple experiences available for Guests including the return of Oogie Boogie Bash, Plaza de la Familia, Halloween fireworks, and much more.
- Guests visiting the Downtown Disney District from September 9 through October 31 will be able to experience a new Halloween-themed pumpkin hunt, Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit. Seasonal décor and treats will also be found all around Downtown Disney.
- Check out below for park-specific experiences Guests will be able to enjoy while visiting the Disneyland Resort.
Disney California Adventure:
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party (Separate Ticket)
- Oogie Boogie Bash returns to Disney California Adventure as a separate-ticket event on 25 select nights starting September 9. Tickets will be available beginning on July 13 via Disneyland.com.
- The special event will let all Guests trick-or-treat in their favorite Halloween costumes with immersive treat trails and check out the exclusive offerings including “Frightfully Fun Parade,” Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, “Mickey’s Trick & Treat” show, and more.
- Specialty Halloween-themed items will also be available for Guests to pick up including food and beverage, apparel, and accessories.
- Oogie Boogie Bash will begin at 6:00 pm, and Guests will be allowed in three hours before the official party begins.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads are also included with admission to the special event.
- One thing to note is that the World of Color Halloween show was not mentioned for the event.
Plaza de la Familia
- The limited-time celebration from September 3 through November 2 will have live entertainment, specialty food, interactive experiences, and special merchandise all inspired by the tradition of Dia de los Muertos.
- Guests will be able to check out “A Musical Celebration of Coco,” Mariachi music at Paradise Gardens Bandstand, The World of Coco — an evocative art exhibit, and much more.
- Radiator Springs will become Radiator Screams with decorations and Halloween overlays for attractions like Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becoming Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Rolickin’ Roadsters turning into Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will once again turn into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark with a special Halloween adventure with Guests looking to save Groot as they help Rocket distract creatures that have gotten loose.
Halloween Costumes and Décor on Buena Vista Street
- On Buena Vista Street, Mickey and friends will be decked in old-fashioned Halloween costumes including fortune teller Minnie Mouse and more.
- Seasonal décor will be found all over Buena Vista Street. At night, Carthay Circle Restaurant will have bats swarm with projections lighting up the structure.
- Guests can also find the 10-foot-tall statue of the Headless Horseman statue in front of the restaurant.
Characters Ready for Halloween
- Disney characters will be found throughout Disneyland, including Mickey and friends on Main Street, U.S.A., with Minnie as a witch, Donald as a pumpkin, and more.
- Other characters can be spotted around the park including Disney villains.
- Seasonal décor and pumpkins will be found all over including the giant Mickey Mouse jack-o'-lantern.
- Pumpkin Statues representing Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Critter Country, and Frontierland will surround the Partners Statue in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- In Frontierland, a Día de los Muertos tribute featuring musical skeleton figurines, flowers, and other items can be found.
Haunted Mansion Holiday
- The popular seasonal overlay returns to Haunted Mansion inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas with the gingerbread house returning to mark its 20th appearance.
Halloween Screams Show
- Every night from September 3 through October 31, the projection and special effects show will take place at Disneyland Park. On weekends, Halloween Screams will also include fireworks seen throughout the park.