Black Widow makes its theatrical debut today and what better way to welcome fans back to theaters than with a ScreenX release? Disney and CJ 4DPLEX have announced that the highly anticipated Black Widow will be shown in ScreenX and 4DX formats in select theatres worldwide.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- CJ 4DPLEX and Disney have announced that Marvel Studios’ new action film Black Widow will be releasing in ScreenX at theaters worldwide.
- ScreenX is the world's first multi-projection system that provides a 270-degree panoramic film viewing experience.
- Black Widow opens today on over 359 ScreenX screens worldwide and over 63 Screens in North America with:
- Regal Cinemas
- B&B Theatres
- CGV Cinemas
- Tickets can be purchased online or at your local theater.
Marvel Studios' @BlackWidow in theaters now! See More in ScreenX! Get tickets now!
Posted by ScreenX on Friday, July 9, 2021
Black Widow in ScreenX:
- The ScreenX experience will expand specially selected sequences of the film onto the left and right side walls of the auditorium, surrounding audiences with extended imagery which naturally fills their peripheral vision.
- CJ 4DPLEX worked with Disney, Marvel Studios, and the filmmakers to ensure the highest quality presentation of the film and selected key scenes and exclusive imagery for the ScreenX version.
Black Widow in 4DX:
- Black Widow will also be available in the innovative multi-sensory experience 4DX on over 773 screens worldwide and over 49 Screens in North America with:
- Regal Cinemas
- Marcus Theatres
- CGV Cinemas
- The 4DX film will feature over 20 different motion and environmental effects enhancing the action and drawing audiences closer to the story on-screen.
What They’re Saying:
- Don Savant, CEO & President, CJ 4DPLEX America: "The thrill of going to the movies is back with Black Widow, and CJ 4DPLEX is creating two amazing, unique ways for fans to experience this film in theaters.
- Jongryul Kim, CEO, CJ 4DPLEX: "We are thrilled to be able to work with the teams at Disney and Marvel Studios to share this epic blockbuster on the big screen, and we look forward to welcoming fans back into our theaters for the global release of the film in our immersive ScreenX format and our multi-sensory 4DX experience.”
About Black Widow:
- “Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.”
Can’t make it to the theater? Black Widow is also available now on Disney+ Premier Access (separate, one time fee)!