- Disney has released the trailer for the upcoming series Behind the Attraction, giving fans a peek behind-the-scenes at some of the most beloved attractions and destinations at Disney Parks and Resorts around the world.
- Viewers will hear the stories behind various attractions and learn how Imagineers designed and built them including Jungle Cruise and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- The series will include rare interviews with Walt Disney, and each episode features exclusive interviews with Disney Legends and past and present Imagineers including Bob Weis, Jeanette Lomboy, Kim Irvine, Scott Trowbridge, Tom Fitzgerald, Scot Drake, Carmen Smith, Joe Rohde, and others.
- Behind the Attraction comes to Disney+ on Wednesday, July 21 with the first five episodes of the 10-episode series.
First Five Episodes Available July 21:
- Jungle Cruise: “Join a skipper for the story behind Jungle Cruise, and try to spot the backside of water! When Walt decided to create the original immersive attraction, he tasked Imagineers with building a river AND the mechanical animals to populate it.”
- Haunted Mansion: “Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion — enter if you dare! When Walt Disney developed the attraction, he didn't specify if it should be funny or scary, and so it became a perfect blend of both.”
- Star Tours: “Lightspeed to Endor! A long time ago…Disney created Star Tours, a thrilling simulator attraction that takes guests to a galaxy far, far away. It inspired Imagineers to build a whole new land — Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.”
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: “Discover the ups (and downs!) of creating this gravity-defying attraction set in the eerie world of Rod Serling's renowned "Twilight Zone" television series. Then hold on tight as Imagineers reimagine the Disney California Adventure Park version as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!”
- Space Mountain: “You're about to hear the story of Space Mountain in T-minus 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…launch! Walt's vision of an attraction that simulates space travel was a design challenge Imagineer John Hench tackled head on, creating a signature structure in Disney Parks around the world.”
About the Series:
- “Peek beyond the magic of Disney Parks to discover what's Behind the Attraction! From Executive Producers Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, and Brian Volk-Weiss, explore how Imagineers filled the Haunted Mansion with 999 happy haunts, how the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! (while defying gravity in the process) and why Space Mountain took so long to launch. From the 1950s to today, from Jungle Cruise to "it's a small world" to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disney Parks attractions have amazed millions. And this is the story of how they did it.”
- The 10-part original series is executive produced by Dwayne Johnson (Jungle Cruise) and Dany Garcia through their Seven Bucks Productions banner, directed by Brian Volk-Weiss (The Toys That Made Us) from The Nacelle Company, and is narrated by Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds).