The Hellfire Gala ended in tragedy and Magneto is at the center of it all. The shocking murder of the Scarlet Witch will lead directly into “The Trial of Magneto, a brand-new limited series launching in August written by X-Factor scribe Leah Williams with art by Lucas Werneck (Empyre: X-Men). Marvel shared a trailer for the upcoming comic.
- Marvel shared a trailer for “X-Men: The Trial of Magneto,” featuring artwork from the upcoming series.
- “The Trial of Magneto” begins in August.
- You can watch the full trailer below:
About the Series:
- “This thrilling saga will threaten the Reign of X and upend the world of mutants. And with the very future of Krakoa hanging in the balance, mutantkind’s relationship with the rest of the Marvel Universe may never be the same. The current team of mutant investigators from Leah Williams’ acclaimed run on X-Factor will play a vital role in solving this complex mystery, and fans should pick up X-Factor #10, a Hellfire Gala tie-in and the final issue of the series, on June 30th to discover whose tragic fall leads into this new X-Men epic.”
What They’re Saying:
- Leah Williams, Writer: “When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants–Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies…the Trial of Magneto will begin.”
- Lucas Werneck, Artist: "I am so looking forward to working with Leah, especially with this project. Leah has incredible sensitivity in her writing and is able to craft stories that are layered and mysterious and fun for readers so I think she is perfect to write this story. Participating in the Hellfire Gala and now being invited to be part of this project is really a dream."
You can pick up “X-Men: The Trial of Magneto #1” when it comes out on August 18.