Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park welcomed two baby animals, a Nile hippopotamus calf born Monday, and a western lowland gorilla born the very next day.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park just had two baby animal births just a day apart with a Nile hippopotamus calf born Monday and a western lowland gorilla following on Tuesday.
- Both newborns are said to be healthy and are currently under the supervision of Disney’s Animal Care Team.
- The Hippopotamus calf can be seen by Guests in the Safi River on Kilimanjaro Safaris, joined by nine other hippos in the family, including mother Tuma and father Henry.
- Azizi, the gorilla mom, gave birth backstage Tuesday afternoon, introducing the baby to the entire family. Guests can see the infant at Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail. Azizi and the father Gino are also parents to the newborn’s brother Cory, who was born in 2014.
- Updates on both newborns will be shared soon including the sex and weight of each arrival.