Marvel has announced Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades #1, the latest in the Marvel’s Voices series that will turn the spotlight to Latinx heroes and creators from the Marvel Universe.
- Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades #1 is coming out on October 20, giving the spotlight to Latinx heroes and creators from the Marvel Universe as the latest in the Marvel’s Voices series, following Marvel’s Voices: Legacy and Marvel’s Voices: Pride.
- The all-new stories will feature popular Marvel heroes and celebrate their cultural heritage with fan-favorite writers and artists, including those making their Marvel Comics debut.
- Stories in the series will include work from Karla Pacheco, Alex Segura, Leo Romero, Edgar Delgado, Nico Leon, and more.
- You can check out variant covers below.
Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades #1 Features:
- Writer Terry Blas introduces a brand-new hero in an action-packed adventure spinning out of his acclaimed Reptil series.
- New York Times best-selling author Daniel José Older revisits the legacy of Marvel’s first super hero of Latino descent, Hector Ayala aka White Tiger, in an inspiring story rooted in real history.
- Catch up with the current White Tiger, Ava Ayala, when author Amparo Ortiz has the young hero confront the dark nature of her powers.
- Travel to the past with writer Juan Ponce to witness Nina the Conjuror, the Brazilian Sorcerer Supreme of the 1950s, battle the raging nature spirit known as Anhangá.
- Plus an introduction by renowned comics scholar Frederick Luis Aldama about the history of Latinx heroes and creators in the comic book industry.
What They’re Saying:
- Karla Pacheco: "Marvel Voices has been an amazing force in comics, letting creators from so many backgrounds bring our heritage and identities to Marvel stories. I'm honored to bring this very personal story from my own childhood to the book through Robbie Reyes.."
- Daniel José Older: "This is such an excellent project, and I'm very happy to get to be part of it. I've read all the Marvel’s Voices collections and loved them, so it's great to be able to write for one! ¡Pa'lante!"
- Lauren Amaro, co-editor: "Marvel Voices is such a unique project that I feel really drills down on the core Marvel tenet of reflecting the world outside your window–so when the opportunity came to help put together Marvel Voices: Comunidades and celebrate the Latinx community, I couldn't have been more excited. And that excitement only continues to grow as story pitches continue to roll in–trust me, you're not going to want to miss out on what this talented group of creators have got cooking up!"
Marvel’s Voices: Comunidades #1 releases October 20, 2021.