Disney+ has announced a new concert special featuring Billie Eilish in Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles.
- Billie Eilish is heading to Disney+ in a cinematic concert experience premiering on Friday, September 3.
- The Disney+ original will feature a performance of every song from her new album Happier than Ever, in sequential order from the stage of the Hollywood Bowl.
- The special is directed by Robert Rodriguez and Patrick Osborne.
- The special will include animated elements taking viewers on a journey through Billie’s hometown of Los Angeles featuring iconic backdrops.
- Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles features Finneas, the Los Angeles Children's Chorus, the Los Angeles Philharmonic conducted by Gustavo Dudamel, and Brazilian guitarist, Romero Lubambo, with Orchestra Arrangements by David Campbell.
What They’re Saying:
- Billie Eilish: “Disney is incredibly iconic, so to collaborate on something like this is a huge honor. To be able to present my album in this way and dedicate it to the city that I love and grew up in is so exciting to me. I hope you love it.”
- Robert Rodriguez: "We are all huge admirers of Billie and Finneas here in our household. They are such impressive, world class talents that it’s a real honor to work with them on this film. The way the narrative story and animated pieces weave through her incredible concert performance, makes this a spectacular event that is truly unique."
Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles premieres on Friday, September 3, 2021 on Disney+.