Disneyland Resort Guests will be able to use the Disneyland App in new ways soon as the digital key feature will be added to let Guests go straight to their rooms.
- Disney Parks Blog has announced that the Disneyland App will soon be updated to allow Guest to use a Digital Key, allowing those who use online check-in the ability to go straight to their room, using the app as a digital key for entry.
- With the introduction of online-check in earlier this spring, the digital key will now give Guests even quicker access to their rooms without having to deal with the Front Desk, and is a feature already being used at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- It is good to know that this feature is optional, so if you do want to use a physical key to access your room, it will still be available at the Front Desk.
- The digital key also allows you charge select dining and shopping to your hotel room, and allows access to hotel areas requiring a key like the pools and fitness centers.
Steps for Using the Digital Key:
- Link your hotel reservation to your Disney account in the Disneyland app or online.
- Complete online check-in up to five days prior to arrival, or check-in at the Front Desk upon arrival to complete the traditional process.
- Upon arrival, once your room is assigned and ready, you can access your room and locate your hotel room number within the digital key feature by tapping the “Unlock Door” button after signing in to your Disney account on the Disneyland app. If you completed online check-in, you can use your digital key to bypass the Front Desk and go straight to your room!
- Tap the “Unlock Door” button and then hold your mobile device against the door lock. A Bluetooth®-enabled device with the latest version of the Disneyland app is required.