As we get closer to the maiden voyage of the fifth ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, we are learning more about the adults only experiences aboard the new Disney Wish.
- There’s more magic on the horizon for Disney Wish guests ages 18 and older as Disney Cruise Line unveils even more ways for adults to pamper and play, sip and swim, escape and indulge aboard its newest ship in summer 2022. In addition to a previously announced Star Wars-themed lounge and fine dining experiences inspired by Beauty and the Beast, the Disney Wish will debut a variety of brand-new venues for adults, including the fleet’s first outdoor spa retreat, unique salon and barbershop experiences, and a collection of upscale bars and lounges sure to suit the tastes of every guest.
- For the first time aboard a Disney ship, Senses Spa will feature a dedicated outdoor relaxation space where guests can unwind in whirlpool spas, rest on plush loungers and find their center during yoga sessions.
- This open-air oasis is a brand-new extension to Disney Cruise Line’s signature Rainforest experience, which has been reimagined for the Disney Wish to provide even more ways to relax and rejuvenate. The Rainforest will introduce the fleet’s first ice lounge, allowing guests to combine thermal therapies, which promotes both physical wellness and tranquility. It will also include guest-favorite elements like heated ergonomic loungers; sensory spa showers; and sauna, steam and dry chambers.
- Senses Spa will also feature private treatment rooms and lavish spa villas for couples. In addition to a menu of massage, facial and acupuncture therapies, guests will be able to select from a menu of specialized treatments that are customized to their needs, such as pain management and sleep improvement. Adjacent to the spa, the reimagined Senses Fitness will offer state-of-the-art exercise and wellness facilities, including a main room with exercise equipment, a dedicated cycle studio and an aerobics room.
- The Disney Wish will premiere two brand-new salon experiences — the fleet’s first standalone venues for hairstyling and beauty services — where adults can treat themselves in inviting, social environments that have been uniquely designed with inspiration from classic Walt Disney Animation Studios films.
- At Untangled Salon, adults can let their hair down (and have it styled any way they want) in a light and airy environment that is perfect for pampering. Inspired by Rapunzel, the artistic Disney Princess known for her long, flowing tresses, this chic, high-end salon will be adorned in shades of purple and gold, decorated with floating lantern light fixtures and outfitted with custom cut-metal privacy screens depicting Rapunzel’s own paintings. One side of the space will even gleam and glow with the golden light of a signature chandelier that evokes the iconic flower that gave her hair its magical qualities. In addition to haircuts and styling, the menu of services at Untangled Salon will include manicures, pedicures, teeth whitening and skin treatments.
- Hook’s Barbery will be a unique twist on a traditional European men’s salon, offering cuts, shaves, and nail and skin care. Decked out in dark woods, handsome leather chairs and ornate golden mirrors, the space will brim with narrative details inspired by its namesake, Captain Hook: an inlaid wooden map of Never Land, a hidden pocket watch and — of course — a hook, to name a few. A trio of seemingly nondescript lanterns will occasionally come to life with lighting and audio effects to signify Tinker Bell jumping from one fixture to another.
- Not only will Hook’s Barbery provide salon and barber services, but it will also boast the ultimate toast to a pirate’s life: a hidden bar. This (not-so-secret) treasure trove of pre-Prohibition bourbons, vintage whisky and port, aged rum and premium spirits will be a liquor enthusiast’s paradise, ideal for low-key hangouts, romantic date nights, hosted tastings and special evening events.
- Like every Disney Cruise Line vessel, the Disney Wish will offer a collection of relaxed and refined bars and lounges reserved exclusively for adults each evening. But for the first time, these venues will be spread out among the ship’s other core gathering places for a more flexible, free-flow experience that will allow guests — particularly parents — more opportunities to enjoy “me time” throughout their cruise. Also new is the prevalence of storytelling in these spaces, providing a variety of ways for adults to experience some of their favorite Disney stories in sophisticated ways designed especially for them.
- Keg & Compass is a pub that celebrates the adventure and romance of the sea, designed in the rustic architectural style of a late 1800s Norwegian sailor’s map room. Drawing inspiration from the rich folklore of Norse seafaring, period-style oil paintings will depict tales of the deep and intricate carvings of tentacles, barnacles, compasses and more will accentuate porthole frames.
- Spanning the entire ceiling will be a grand, fantastical map in old maritime style that features, among other references to ocean lore, a homage to Disney characters and stories related to the sea. In addition to such characters as Ursula and Moana (appearing in the geographically accurate locations of their stories), the map will call out important locales related to The Walt Disney Company and, specifically, the design and construction of the Disney Wish.
- This casual setting is perfect for guests to kick back and watch live sports, news and major broadcast events while sampling a specialized selection of beers, including three custom craft brews available exclusively aboard the Disney Wish, along with an assortment of liquors, wines and cocktails.
- Nightingale’s is a refined piano bar inspired by Cinderella’s lyrical rendition of “Sing Sweet Nightingale” in the 1950 film, offering an extensive menu of fine wines, bubblies and hand-crafted cocktails. Classically modern with a soft metallic palette, the predominant design feature will be a glittering chandelier perched above the piano — a swirl of pearlescent bubbles and music notes displaying the titular song’s melody meticulously crafted out of shimmering rose gold. This vibrant lounge will be a thematic extension of the fairytale-inspired Grand Hall from which it stems, with large doors that allow the twinkling tunes to spill out across the atrium, inviting passersby to stop and stay for a while.
- Guests looking for a New Orleans-inspired good time can go down to The Bayou, an informal lounge themed to The Princess and the Frog. Flourishing with magnolia blossoms, lily pads and a canopy of twinkling fireflies overhead, this space will evoke the magical marsh where Tiana and Naveen take refuge in the film. A bronze statue of each character will be prominently displayed, and two gazebos inspired by the city’s iconic wrought iron metalwork structures will provide intimate seating for small groups on either side of the bar.
- This centrally located venue will offer creative cocktails, specialty coffees and signature beignets in a lively, social atmosphere complete with live entertainment and musical performances.
- As previously announced, the Disney Wish will also feature a first-of-its-kind lounge in a galaxy far, far away; a trio of premium culinary experiences inspired by a tale as old as time; and a dedicated pool district on the upper decks exclusively for guests ages 18 and older.
What They’re Saying:
- Laura Cabo, portfolio creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering: “With the Disney Wish, we wanted to design an experience that allows our grown-up guests to relax, recharge and reconnect in unique ways that only Disney Cruise Line can create. Not only did we infuse more storytelling and enchantment into the adult-exclusive venues, but we added more variety and made them more accessible than ever before. This ship has truly been designed with adults’ vacation needs in mind, and I know our guests are going to return home feeling refreshed after their Disney Wish vacation.”
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney Cruise travel planning