Walt Disney’s historic Laugh-O-Gram Studios in Kansas City, Missouri suffered some significant damage after being hit by a car last night
- Laugh-O-Gram Studios, the studio founded by Walt Disney in 1921, was hit by a car last night and took a fair amount of damage.
- Thank You Walt, Inc., a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation and restoration of the studio, shared the image above on their Twitter account.
- Their tweet shared the following message:
- Well friends, this is NOT the type of post we want to write. In the midst of our beautiful restoration project, Walt Disney’s historic Laugh-O-gram Building was hit by a car last night. As Walt said though, we will keep moving forward.
- Laugh-O-Gram operated from 1921-1923 and was the home of Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks during their creation of Mickey Mouse.
- The studio, which was also the predecessor to Walt Disney Animation Studios, has been the subject of two feature films titled As Dreamers Do and Walt Before Mickey.