Marvel Entertainment and ABC Localish have released a heartwarming video about a Spider-Man fan and his son in honor of Spider-Man Day.
- Spider-Man made his Marvel Comics debut on August 1st, 1962 in Amazing Fantasy #15, which is why August 1st is celebrated as Spider-Man Day.
- Marvel recently held a #SpideyFANS contest and today, they celebrated with a video about John and his son Franco, two super fans living in New York City.
- John Ruis’ love of Spider-Man started as a child in the Philippines where an uncle would bring him comics from overseas.
- Having moved to New York City in 2005, the birth of his son Franco was special because he was born in Forest Hills, the same area of Queens where Spider-Man is from.
- Franco got into Spider-Man because of his father’s interest and his favorite Spider-Verse character is Miles Morales.
- The father and son are both excited for Marvel’s first Disney Junior series, Spidey and his Amazing Friends, which debuts on August 6th and stars Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacey as kids.
- You can check out the full video below.