The Partners statue which can be found in front of Cinderella Castle has finished its refurbishment work, ready to welcome Guests once again as the resort gets ready for the 50th anniversary.
- Last week, signs could be found around the Partners statue as work began on refurbishing the iconic sculpture which can be found near Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Today, August 2, work has finished after conservators stripped the sculpture to the bare metal before cleaning, reapplying patina, and coating the figure in proactive polymer and wax.
- Make sure to get a photo of the statue the next time you visit Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World, especially if you come by to celebrate the 50th anniversary on October 1, 2021.
Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary:
- All four parks will be decked out with special celebratory decorations, including new lighting packages on the four park icons. These “Beacons of Magic” will transform the icons every night.
- Over at Magic Kingdom, a new fireworks show, “Disney Enchantment,” will light up the sky while “Harmonious” takes place as EPCOT.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will get into the celebration with the new show “Disney KiteTails.”
- 50 golden character sculptures will debut at all four theme parks, along with “Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” at Magic Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World Resort announced new nametags coming for Cast Members to celebrate the 50th anniversary including those who were honored with the Walt Disney Legacy Award.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” starts on October 1, 2021 at the Walt Disney World Resort and will continue to be celebrated for 18 months.