This month, two Anaheim resorts have been awarded the coveted Four Diamond status from AAA. The year old JW Marriott and newly opened The Westin were honored with the Designation joining Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel as Anaheim’s Four Diamond Properties.
- Visit Anaheim has announced the destination’s two new luxury hotels, JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort and The Westin Anaheim Resort, have received Four Diamond Designation status from AAA.
- This highly sought after honor is awarded to a handful of lodging establishments chosen annually to receive the status out of over 27,000 inspected.
- These new designations double Anaheim’s Four Diamond hotel footprint as the two properties join the ranks of Anaheim’s two existing Four Diamond properties, Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel.
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort:
- Located at the Anaheim GardenWalk, JW Marriott opened in August 2020 and is the first JW Marriott property in Orange County.
- Offering 466 lavish guest rooms, including 19 suites, JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort invites travelers to discover a kingdom all their own.
- The new property also features 43,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space.
The Westin Anaheim Resort
- The Westin opened in June 2021, becoming the first new build for Westin in Southern California in 25 years.
- The resort features 618 guest rooms including 121 expansive suites.
- The Westin Anaheim Resort provides guests seven unique culinary experiences from grab-and-go options to full-service fine dining.
- The hotel is also equipped with 47,542 feet of indoor and outdoor meetings and event space.
What They’re Saying:
- Jay Burress, President & CEO, Visit Anaheim: “Debuting two new AAA Four Diamond properties has business and leisure travelers reimagining how they see and experience Anaheim. Expanding Anaheim’s hotel portfolio with luxury properties like JW Marriott and The Westin creates an opportunity to attract a new wave of clientele to the destination.”
- Nusrat Mirza, General Manager of the JW Marriott Anaheim Resort: "Located just minutes away from Disneyland Park and Anaheim Convention Center, the first JW Marriott in Orange County offers luxurious appointments designed to uplift the soul and enrich the body, spirit and mind. Our guests enjoy amenities not found anywhere in Anaheim such as our one-of-a-kind augmented reality experience and Butterfly Wall found in the JW Secret Garden. Dining here offers a true seed-to-table experience at our rooftop bar and lounge located on the 11th floor, perfect for dinner and drinks with an unbeatable view of Disneyland’s fireworks. We welcome everyone to discover a kingdom of their own where their imagination meets our innovation for a memorable stay in Anaheim,"
- Carmine Iommazzo, General Manager of The Westin Anaheim Resort: “As a newly built AAA Four-Diamond premium hotel, we truly look forward to welcoming the local community and guests alike to experience this beautiful property in an ideal location directly across from Disney California Adventure® Park and mere steps away from the Anaheim Convention Center. Our resort offers a high-end destination for those looking to be in the center of it all, while also providing a sense of relaxation and escape for every type of traveler thanks to Westin’s signature approach to Eating Well, Sleeping Well and Moving Well.”
About the Four Diamond Designation:
- The Four Diamond Designation from AAA requires luxury amenities and great service including fine dining amid upscale ambiance.
- The Diamond program which is based on quality, cleanliness, and condition, is now even stronger with the addition of surface testing.
- The addition of surface testing provides an objective and scientific validation of the physical inspection, confirming that a hotel meets AAA standards for cleanliness.