Marvel has teamed up with the New York Mets for a very special two-day promotion starring Pete Alonso. As part of this collaboration, the first baseman will be featured in a Marvel Comic and as a Bobblehead figure.
- The New York Mets have announced the club and Marvel Entertainment are collaborating on a special two-day promotion featuring Mets infielder Pete Alonso.
- Fans will be able to bring home two unique collectibles on Thursday, August 12th and Friday, August 13th.
- The fan favorite “Amazin” is transformed into an original Super Hero, coming to life with an exclusive collector’s item bobblehead and an origin story in a Marvel comic book.
- Tickets are available now at Mets.com/Tickets.
- On Thursday, August 12 vs. the Washington Nationals, the first 15,000 fans in attendance will receive a Polar Bear Pete Alonso Super Hero™ Comic Book.
- On Friday, August 13 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers, the first 25,000 arriving fans will receive a Polar Bear Pete Alonso Super Hero™ Bobblehead.
- Yesterday afternoon, The Mets Tweeted a video of Alonso reading the comic and posing for pictures with the bobblehead:
NEW PROMOS ADDED! ?♂️
Thursday, August 12: Polar Bear Pete Alonso @Marvel Super Hero™ Comic Book (first 15,000)
Friday, August 13: Polar Bear Pete Alonso @Marvel Super Hero™ Bobblehead (first 25,000)
— New York Mets (@Mets) August 4, 2021
- SNY also Tweeted a picture of Alonso’s Bobblehead collectible that showcase the baseball great in his superhero costume:
Pete Alonso now has his own custom Marvel bobblehead. pic.twitter.com/w7rhCAI5zQ
— SNY (@SNYtv) July 29, 2021
- This collaboration builds on the Mets and Marvel’s longstanding relationship. Over the past few seasons, both companies worked together to create a number of exciting exclusives:
- Noah Syndergaard bobbleheads a
- Syndergaard t-shirt that played off of his resemblance to Thor
- An exclusive Spider-Man bobblehead design in the Mets’ team colors
- Most recently, Alonso was also involved in Marvel Comics’ Hellfire Gala, a comic book event featuring Marvel’s X-Men earlier this summer.
- The deal was facilitated by AthLife, Inc, Marvel’s longtime sports representative.
What They’re Saying:
- Pete Alonso: “This comic book and bobblehead are super cool. I’ve loved everything Marvel since I was a kid. It was awesome to see myself as a Super Hero and I can’t wait for Mets fans to get their hands on these, they’re going to love them.”