With numerous “photo walls” throughout Walt Disney World, the legendary “Purple Wall” is still the most popular and clearly the most merchandisable with this new bag we spotted from Loungefly at World of Disney!
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
UPDATE (8/30/21): Well folks the day you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived: the Purple Wall Loungefly is now on shopDisney! Guests across the country can add the Instagram-inspired bag to their ever-growing Disney collection.
- We recently spotted this new Loungefly backpack at World of Disney in Disney Springs and it is designed to resemble the favorite photo spot of many an Instagram user.
- For fans who aren’t yet visiting the resort, the dreamy backpack is also available on shopDisney!
- The backpack shows off a similar pattern to that of the wall itself with the iconic purple color and the abstract triangle pattern that was added shortly after the wall became famous on social media.
- That abstract triangular pattern carries over to the inside of the bag as well, where it covers the interior lining of the bag.
- This Loungefly Backpack can be purchased for $75.00
- The famed Purple Wall is literally a purple wall that spans the exterior of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom along a pathway going between Tomorrowland and the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
- Coming into popularity in the mid 2010’s, especially with the rise of the social media platform Instagram, the popularity of this particular wall grew thanks to its solid color serving as a great backdrop but also due to the natural light because of the wall’s location. Disney caught on and started staging PhotoPass photographers at the location, sometimes even forming a lengthy queue.
- By 2018, Disney had decided to have some fun with the wall and add the abstract pattern, and also took the opportunity to start creating merchandise based on the location, including hats, t-shirts, and Magicbands that resemble and even market the location with the phrase “Meet Me at the Purple Wall” emblazoned across some of the merchandise.