As of the finale of Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+, the world has a new Captain America. And now he is set to star in his very own feature film as actor Anthony Mackie has reportedly closed a deal to star in Captain America 4, according to Deadline.
- Anthony Mackie will carry the shield once again when he stars in the fourth film in the Captain America series.
- Details regarding the film are being kept under wraps and it is unclear if it will also include Sebastian Stan, who starred opposite Mackie in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
- Mackie has never headlined his own MCU film, despite appearing in many, including:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Captain America: Civil War
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
- He then of course co-headlined The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+.
- Now he will get his chance to be the star while carrying the stars and stripes in the unofficially titled Captain America 4.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier head writer and creator Malcolm Spellman will be writing the script for the new film. He will be joined by series staff writer Dalan Musson.
- No director has been selected for the film as of yet.
More on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier:
- The series premiered on Disney+ on March 19 and was the most-watched premiere in the streaming service’s short history.
- To catch up on everything The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (and perhaps get an idea of what we can expect to see in the fourth Captain America film), check out Mack’s recap of the show’s finale.
- You can watch all six episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ now.