Big Moe Cason is cooking up a new series for National Geographic with Appetite for Adventure.
- At the TCA Summer Press Tour, National Geographic Content president Courteney Monroe made several announcements, which included a new series, Appetite for Adventure.
- The show will follow award-winning BBQ Pitmaster and former U.S. Navy veteran Big Moe Cason as he travels the world searching for the rarest flavors.
- Venturing from the American South, Cason will travel to far-flung places around the world to learn how to make new dishes over an open flame, all with a theme of bringing families together.
- Big Moe’s own culinary interests started with his grandmother, making this a personal experience for the decorated pitmaster.
- Production on Appetite for Adventure begins this October.
- Appetite for Adventure is produced by Hit + Run (Critter Fixers: Country Vets) for National Geographic.
- Executive producers include Rob Shaftel and Lauren Thompson.
- Matt Renner is vice president of production and Alan Eyres is senior vice president, production and development.
- After the National Geographic premiere, Appetite for Adventure will be streaming on Disney+.
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).