ABC has added to the cast of the upcoming second season of its hit drama series Big Sky. Janina Gavankar will reportedly be joining the cast as a series regular, according to Deadline.
- In season two of Big Sky, Gavankar will play Ren, who is new to Helena, Montana.
- After a simple business transaction results in a messy car wreck involving one of her employees, Ren comes to town hellbent on getting answers. Now she must find out who betrayed her, but the more rocks she overturns, the more snakes she will discover. Ren’s moves are calculated, and she strongly believes that it is best to keep your enemies close, which might spell bad news for Dewell & Hoyt.
- Gavankar previously starred in Warner’s The Way Back, alongside Ben Affleck. She also recently wrapped production on two feature films – Amazon’s Invasion and Eli Roth’s Borderlands.
About Big Sky:
- Created for television by David E. Kelley, Big Sky is based on the novels by C.J. Box.
- In season one, “private detectives Cassie Dewell and Cody Hoyt join forces with his estranged wife and ex-cop, Jenny Hoyt, to search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. But when they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the killer before another woman is taken.”
- In season two, when private detectives Dewell and Hoyt reunite to investigate a car wreck outside of Helena, Montana, they soon discover that the case might not be as straightforward as it seems. As they unravel the mystery of the accident, their worlds will collide with a band of unsuspecting teens, a flirtatious face from Jenny’s past and a vicious outsider hellbent on finding answers.
- Season two stars:
- Katheryn Winnick
- Kylie Bunbury
- Brian Geraghty
- Dedee Pfeiffer
- Omar Metally
- Anja Savcic