It’s almost National Dog Day and what better way to celebrate than sharing your vacation with your pup? Visit Orlando has assembled a collection of locations and offerings throughout the Central Florida destination that welcome four-legged friends. From accommodations and shopping to dining and outdoor fun, Orlando is one of the best places the whole family can experience together.
- With dozens of attractions and activities for the family to enjoy, Orlando, Florida is a great place to visit any time of year. Best of all, the central Florida destination has more dog-friendly hotels, parks and shops than any other city in the U.S.
- August 26th marks National Dog Day and in celebration, several resorts in Orlando are highlighting their dog-friendly offerings making it easy for guests to vacation with their best friend.
- Guests who travel with their dogs can enjoy special experiences including attractions, restaurants and bars, parks, shopping, hotels and even pet-themed events.
- There are also Doggie Day Care centers where guests pets can live the good life while the family participates in human only activities.
Join a variety of activities with the family at some of Orlando’s most unique attractions:
- Epic Paddle Adventures – “Paddle with Pups in Paradise” is a 90-minute paddleboat adventure on one of Orlando's most beautiful lakes with views of the city skyline.
- Dinosaur World – With more than a mile of outdoor walkways, pets have plenty of room to explore the park with their owners (pets must be leashed).
- The Mennello Museum of American Art – Pick up a pet membership for your dogs, cats and birds! Includes admission to pet events held throughout the year.
Restaurants & Bars
Pup-parents can savor a delicious meal with their dog at hundreds of Central Florida restaurants.
- Cups and Pups Coffee – Orlando’s first coffee shop paired with an off-leash dog park. Guests can sip craft coffee or other beverages while their furry friends enjoy the open space.
- Barxi Park (Lake Nona’s Boxi Park) – Pups can explore while their owners enjoy unique cuisine from the park’s many outdoor counter-serve restaurants.
- Boozehounds Dog Bar – An off-leash dog park with a dog-friendly indoor bar in the middle.
- Motorworks Brewing – A dog friendly space to sip local brews, play games, and enjoy trivia night every Tuesday and live music on Fridays.
Boasting features such as natural bodies of water, dog baths, off-leash options and more these are some of Orlando's best outdoor destinations for pets.
- Bear Creek Nature Trail – Hike a mile-long trail brimming with ancient cypress, oak and palm trees. The trail is about 30 minutes north of downtown Orlando.
- Lake Baldwin Park and Meadow Woods Dog Park – Four-legged friends have the opportunity to run freely and play fetch with their humans.
- Lake Eola Park – Located right in the heart of downtown Orlando with its majestic fountain, offers four-legged visitors beautiful views and surrounding pet-friendly restaurants.
Dogs can tag along for souvenir hunting adventures at some of Central Florida’s most picturesque outdoor shopping destinations.
- Park Avenue in Winter Park – With pet-welcoming restaurants and shops, four-legged pals and their humans will enjoy the beauty, shopping and food offered through this historic district.
- Celebration Town Center – Featuring shopping, dog-friendly restaurants, a pet bakery, and miles of adjacent trails just minutes from Walt Disney World.
With over 450 hotel properties across the destination, Orlando is sure to offer a comfy place for four-legged friends and their owners to rest after a long day of fun.
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort – Loews Loves Pets Package includes a personal note from the general manager with information on hotel pet services, dog-walking routes, local veterinarians, pet shops, groomers and more. All pets receive their own welcome amenities, including a Lowes Hotels bowl, placemat and a special treat to start their vacation.
- Walt Disney World (Art of Animation Resort | Port Orleans Riverside Resort | Yacht Club Resort | Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort) – These resorts welcome four-legged friends in designated floors or sections of the hotels and offer special touches like Pluto’s Welcome Kit upon check-in. These unique kits include a mat, bowls, pet ID tag, disposable bags, puppy pads and dog-walking maps.
- The Alfond Inn – Stylish boutique hotel in Winter Park that welcomes four- legged guests with its VIP (Very Important Pup) Package providing dog-friendly rooms, complimentary keepsake water bowls and signature treats at turndown.
- Puppy Paw-ty at Museum of Illusions Orlando – Central Florida’s newest mind-bending “edutainment” destination – gives museum guests and their fur babies a one-of-a-kind opportunity to capture lifetime memories with artsy, mind-bending snaps that are sure to go viral! The event will be held Saturday, September 25th from 8-11 am.
If guests need somewhere to house their pets throughout the course of their vacation, there are many options for them to choose from.
- Happy Paws Pet Resort – State-of-the-art pet resort features a "bone shaped" salt water-based pool for relaxation and fun. Services include grooming, doggie day care, dog and cat boarding, training and other pet-oriented concierge services.
- Best Friends Pet Hotel at Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando visitors can board their furry family friends in fun, yet luxurious accommodations on Walt Disney World property. Full range of pet hospitality services including boarding, grooming and day camps. Luxury suites feature televisions and raised bedding, other upgrades include activities like nature walks and play groups, and pampering services ranging from ice cream desserts to bedtime stories.