Walt Disney World has changed their face covering policy once again, this time relaxing it a bit and allowing face coverings to come off on outdoor attractions and in outdoor queues and outdoor theaters.
- Walt Disney World is once again revising its policies for facial coverings, though this new adjustment seems to relax more than enforce.
- At the Walt Disney World Resort, since May, face coverings have been optional for Guests in outdoor common areas, like pathways and outdoor table/seating areas.
- Beginning Thursday, August 19, face coverings will also be optional for Guests on outdoor attractions, in outdoor queues and in outdoor theaters at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Visitors of Walt Disney World know that there are numerous attractions that go both indoors and outdoors, and Walt Disney World has not released an official list of what attractions this will be enforced at. Visitors should follow all directions given by cast members, and official signage when in doubt.
- This changes the policy that was recently revised and enforced that stated that masks must be worn on ALL attractions or in any indoor space effective July 30th.
- As a reminder, face coverings remain required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status.