Freeform has announced Julie Jarmon as Senior Vice President of Development at the network.
- Julie Jarmon has been named as the senior vice president of development at Freeform and will begin her role on Monday, August 23.
- The announcement was made by Jamila Hunter, executive vice president of programming and development at Freeform, whom Jarmon will report to in her new role.
- Jarmon will oversee the scripter series development team, identify new ideas and concepts for scripted series at the network, and supervise creative production on series pilots, as well as the first season of all new scripted series.
- Jarmon, who most recently served as vice president of scripted programming and development at The CW, was previously at Freeform as an executive director on the development team working on series such as The Bold Type and Motherland: Fort Salem.
What They’re Saying:
- Jamila Hunter, EVP of programming and development at Freeform: “Julie has a keen understanding of our audience. She has a proven track record for finding unique and captivating stories and understands the importance of authentically reflecting the spirit of the millennial and Gen Z generation. I couldn’t be happier to have Julie back on the Freeform development team, and I can’t wait to see what she brings us next.”
- Julie Jarmon: “I am so proud to have been part of the original Freeform launch and couldn’t be more excited to return to the brand that has flourished under Tara and Jamila’s leadership. I love the Freeform audience, and I can’t wait to join this incredibly talented team and help build on their fantastic programming slate.”