Although originally seen testing earlier this year, and expected to open by the end of 2021, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has announced that Iron Gwazi will now open next year in March of 2022, just in time for Spring Break!
- Today, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced that Iron Gwazi will open as North America’s tallest hybrid coaster and the fastest and steepest hybrid coaster in the world in March 2022, in time for Spring Break.
- The new ride features a 206-foot-tall peak into a 91-degree drop and will reach top speeds of 76 miles per hour. The journey will include a dozen airtime moments, including three inversions, as it races along more than 4,075 feet of purple steel track. With a 48” height requirement, Iron Gwazi will be an exciting attraction that thrill-seeking families can take on together.
- Iron Gwazi will be the 10th roller coaster to join Busch Gardens’ lineup of highly rated roller coasters and thrill rides, including Tigris, Florida’s tallest inversion, SheiKra, a 200-foot, 90-degree drop coaster, and Montu, recognized as one of the top 10 coasters in the country.
- At the same time, sister park SeaWorld Orlando has also announced that their coaster, Ice Breaker, expected to open this year, is also pushed back to 2022.
What They’re Saying:
- Neal Thurman, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Park President: “Iron Gwazi has been highly anticipated by roller coaster enthusiasts around the world since we first announced this new legend. Due to the unprecedented challenges over the last two years, Iron Gwazi was delayed, and we recognize the delay has disappointed our fans. We appreciate the patience our guests have shown. We’re finally able to confirm that we will be delivering on the next-level thrills that our coaster fans crave and expect from Busch Gardens, when we open this incredible coaster this spring.”