“I know that laugh…” Jabba the Hutt’s Kowakian monkey-lizard court jester Salacious B. Crumb has been a fan-favorite Star Wars character ever since his debut in 1983’s Return of the Jedi. And now those fans can own a highly detailed life-size replica of ol’ Salacious himself thanks to our friends at the themed furniture and prop replica company Regal Robot.
The “Dual Signature Edition” (with a numbered plaque autographed by Return of the Jedi prop sculptor Tony McVey and Salacious Crumb performer Tim Rose) of this sure-to-be-sought-after collector’s item is limited to 150 pieces, so be sure to act now if you want to get your hands on it.
- The themed furniture company Regal Robot has released a new full-scale prop replica of the infamous Salacious B. Crumb character from Lucasfilm’s Return of the Jedi.
- This item was developed with extensive research and first-hand examination of the original prop puppet.
- It is a static Polyresin statue with glass eyes and faux hair, and includes a themed resin pedestal with faux leather detailing. The replica can be displayed either on or off its pedestal.
What they’re saying:
- Regal Robot founder Tom Spina: “There is life and energy in that sculpture. That is a character that even as a still piece — ours is a static replica — But even as a static piece, it pops. It jumps at you. It wants to live. And Tim certainly did a wonderful job bringing it to life for the movie. But Tony brought so much to the table in that initial sculpting fabrication of that puppet that you can’t help but find character in it. And to me, that’s the mark of a brilliant sculptor, that sense of character that comes through in what they make.”
- Lucasfilm Designer/Sculptor Tony McVey: “I don’t know where these things come from. I think it must be… when I was a teenager, I looked at a lot of comic books and science fiction. Edgar Rice Burroughs and Ray Bradbury and I don’t know who else. And I watched a lot of movies and got into the history of movies and all these classic monsters and so on. And it definitely had an influence on me. The rest of it, I have no idea where it comes from.”
Regal Robot’s Salacious Crumb Prop Replica – Signature Edition is available now at the company’s official website.