- FXX’s weekly short-form comedy series Cake will return for its fifth season on September 30th.
- Cake features a collection of animated and live-action short narratives from a diverse group of storytellers and creators. Season five will continue with it’s bite-sized format and will focus on animated storytelling.
- FXX notes that both the weekly showcase and individual programs will be available to FX subscribers through FXNOW, and streaming the next day via FX on Hulu.
- Season five will feature a total of 10 episodes. Among the highlighted stories for the season are:
- Reza Farazmand’s Poorly Drawn Lines
- Branson Reese’s Swan Boy
- Beings from Dan Britt and Alex Plapinger
- The Dream (live-action) from Alan Resnick, Dina Kelberman and Robby Rackleff,
- Words with Ike (live-action) from Ikechukwu Ufomadu and Graham Mason
- Cake returns Thursday, September 30 at 10 pm ET/PT.
- The series is produced by FX Productions.
About Poorly Drawn Lines:
- Poorly Drawn Lines an animated program spotlighting the fantastical misadventures of Ernesto (Tony Revolori), Tanya (D’Arcy Carden) and Kevin (Ron Funches)—three twenty-something best friends navigating early adulthood in a world where the strange and surreal are an everyday thing.
- Based off the comic of the same name, Poorly Drawn Lines is produced by Floyd County Productions and Fish Ladder Productions.
About Swan Boy:
- Swan Boy, an animated program based off the comic of the same name from executive producers Alex Plapinger and Augenblick Studios.
- Swan Boy focuses on an anthropomorphic 20-something swan of low station and (in his finest moments) medium intelligence, who gets into trouble ranging from the mundane to the fantastic to the surreal.
- “Cake is a handcrafted assortment of bite-sized shorts carefully curated and served up as a tasty treat for the mind. Featuring a diverse array of narratives from storytellers both new and established, featured programs are equal parts thought-provoking, laugh-inducing, artistic, authentic and raw.”