- ABC News President Kim Godwin announced today ant Simone Swink has been promoted to Executive Producer of Good Morning America, the #1 daytime talk show 9 years in a row.
- Simone Swink joined GMA in 2010 as a writer, taking on additional roles including leading the show’s second hour.
- The second hour of GMA showcased over 500 small businesses during the pandemic under Simone’s leadership and has lately been focusing on highlighting local industries and American tourism through the “Rise & Shine” segments.
- She has also senior produced GMA’s presidential and midterm election nights, 9/11 special events, and coverage of Harry & Meghan’s royal wedding.
- Prior to joining GMA, Simone Swink worked on other ABC News programs including This Week with Sam Donaldson & Cokie Roberts and then Nightline.
- Outside of ABC News, Simone Swink has worked for National Geographic, Bloomberg, and Martha Stewart’s daytime talk show.
What They’re Saying:
- Kim Godwin, President of ABC News: “Simone is a dynamic, thoughtful and creative leader, experienced in collaborating across platforms. I’m confident that she and the GMA team will continue to lead the show in new and innovative directions.”