Star+ has arrived in Latin America, with the entertainment and sports streaming service in the region with original productions created in and for Latin America, ESPN’s live sports content, fan-favorite animated comedies and series, and classic films and recent movie premieres from all genres.
- Star+, The Walt Disney Company’s new general entertainment and sports streaming service for adults, was launched today in Latin America. The service includes fiction and non-fiction productions fully created in Latin America, a broad offering of live sports from ESPN, new international original productions, the full collection of animated comedies from 20th Television, exclusive movie premieres, and more. Star+ is available as a standalone service, or as part of Combo+, a bundled offering with access to Disney+.
- Star+ is a standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in Latin America. It is complementary to, but independent from Disney+ in the region. The service is the home for exclusive premieres of general entertainment TV series and movies from The Walt Disney Company’s content studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, Star Original Productions, National Geographic Original Productions and more, and the streaming service for live sports from ESPN, the most respected and renowned brand for sports fans in the region that delivers live events from Serie A, Ligue 1, ATP Tennis, NBA, NFL, MLS and more. From dramas to comedies, including all seasons of The Simpsons, and thrillers for adults, Star+ also features exclusive original programming from the Star general entertainment brand, along with a collection of regional original productions from Latin America.
- Star+ subscribers can enjoy new original content created in and for Latin America with incredible talent from across the region, both on camera and behind the scenes. The regionally produced Originals begin rolling out today and address themes related to Latin American popular culture in both fiction and non-fiction formats through the most diverse genres.
- The new streamer also establishes a unique moment for sports content from Latin America with ESPN’s arrival to the streaming world in the region. Its launch will be supported by a broad collection of live shows and events from the great European soccer leagues, will feature local versions of ESPN classics like SportsCenter with marquee and celebrity talent, as well as original productions created in Latin America, such as ESPN Knockout, ESPN Equipo F, and so much more. The platform also includes new Star+ exclusive international original productions, with star-studded casts and renowned figures behind the scenes.
- Subscribers can watch Star+ on a wide selection of supported mobile and connected TV devices, enjoying high-quality content on up to four devices at the same time, up to 25 on-demand downloads across 10 devices, customized recommendations, the ability to set up seven different profiles, and robust parental controls.
What They’re Saying:
- Diego Lerner, President, The Walt Disney Company Latin America: “Starting today, Latin American audiences have access to an entertainment experience never before seen in the region. Star+ confirms our commitment to generate relevant and varied offerings by providing our audiences with access to fully personalized content tailored to their tastes. Also starting today, Combo+ will be available: this unrivaled offering includes all the Star+ and Disney+ content for one appealing price and provides access to the largest high-quality streaming content in the Latin American market.”