Even though the iconic Disneyland Monorail has yet to reopen at the park, we have already spotted some work that has been done at the original station of the classic Disneyland attraction.
- We were at Disneyland Park earlier today, and realized the Monorail station resting high above Tomorrowland and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, has had a bit of cosmetic work done.
- Not only does it look like there has been minor work to the roof, but the whole Monorail sign and station now sport a bright new purple color scheme.
- As of today, the color scheme has not been carried over to the smaller Monorail entrance sign on the ground level, though that could change in the future.
- The neighboring Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is still walled off getting ready for its reopening later this year, but still sports the original look under the freshly painted Monorail station.
- It is also unclear at this time if the new color scheme is indicative of any other changes coming to the monorail trains themselves, or even Tomorrowland as a whole.
- The Disneyland Monorail was the first transportation system of its kind in America. The current version combines the sleek styling of the 1959 classic with new technologies and subtle design changes, bringing a retro-futuristic look and contemporary feel to the timeless Disneyland icon.
- At this time, the Disneyland Monorail still remains closed, and has not reopened since the parks closed due to the global pandemic in March of 2020. The photo of the Monorail station below was captured from a replay of our livestream from the park when it reopened in April of 2021.
- No reopening date for the Disneyland Monorail has been announced at this time.